June 2, 2014

Zucchini Pizza

I wanted pizza but I wanted a healthier version.

I decided why not make pizza using zucchini instead of crust?  It turned out wonderful and I didn't miss the crust at all.  The best part is that it's so easy to make.

Zucchini pizza

You will need:

Large Zucchini (washed and cut in half long ways)
Turkey Pepperoni 
Reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce
black pepper
parsley flakes

Wash your zucchini and cut in half long ways.  I then scooped out some of the middle with a spoon.  I put the scooped out zucchini on the baking sheet next to the 'pizzas' and let it bake with them and ate it.  Didn't want it going to waste and I love zucchini.  I placed a few pieces of turkey pepperoni in the scooped out part of the zucchini.  I then added some sauce, topped with cheese and added a few more pepperoni slices.  

I baked in the oven on 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.

I put a little dollop of pizza sauce on the side for dipping.

I also sprinkled on some black pepper and parsley flakes.

For the hubby, I made him a small french loaf pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment