June 5, 2014

Baked Scotch Eggs

For dinner tonight I made Baked Scotch Eggs.  I came across the recipe on Pinterest and I knew I wanted to make them.  Since this week I have been cooking up new things I wanted to make these.

The recipe is easy to follow and the scotch eggs turned out wonderful.  I served mine with some farm fresh asparagus as a side.  Yummy!!!

They came out PERFECT!!

I sliced an egg in half to check it to see what it looked like.

I made 6 baked scotch eggs.

6 hard boiled eggs  (peeled)
2 packages of sausage  (I used turkey sausage.  1 package for 3 eggs)
pepper
parsley flakes
olive oil
pam spray

I first made 6 hard boiled eggs.  I preheated oven to 350 degrees.  
I then pam sprayed a foil lined cookie sheet.  I put sausage in a bowl and took some, flattened it out and wrapped it around a hard boiled egg.  I made sure the entire egg was covered and enclosed in the sausage.  I put it on the cookie sheet.  I did this until all the sausage and eggs were used up.  I then drizzled a little olive oil on each scotch egg, and sprinkled some black pepper and parsley flakes on top.  I baked them for 30 to 40 minutes.

Any leftovers you can put in an air tight container and keep in the fridge.  They'd be great for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment