June 4, 2014

Avocado Egg Rolls

This week, I have been making dinners that I have not made before.  It's been fun trying to make new dishes.

Tonight, I made Avocado Egg Rolls.

Here's my avocados.  I had them in the fridge so they wouldn't spoil before I had used them.  I should have taken them out to soften up maybe a day or 2 ago.   OOPS  I ended up having to put them in my food processor to mash them up.

How do you pick the perfect avocado?

See that brown button cap?  Take it off!

If it's green it's ripe.....if it's brown then it's bad.

Sometimes I forget.  When I was at the store the other day I texted my BFF and asked her.  :)


This is what I used and how I made the avocado egg rolls.

4 avocados (mashed)
juice of 1 lime
small red onion (chopped)
bacon (cooked and chopped)
2 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
few cherry tomatoes (chopped)
parsley flakes
red pepper flakes
sea salt
black pepper
egg roll wrappers
vegetable oil


Mix up the mixture with the ingredients listed above.  Add mixture to an egg roll sheet and roll up.  Seal with some water.  In a pan, heat about 1 cup of vegetable oil.  Once hot, add your roll-ups.  Cook each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain on a paper towel for about 1 minute.  I served mine with ranch dressing.  

These were a hit.  My husband LOVED them and I mean LOVED them.  
I liked them but I got full after eating 2 1/2.  I found them very filling.



No comments:

Post a Comment