June 21, 2014

Little Baked Blueberry Cakes

I still had some fresh picked blueberries that we hadn't eaten yet.  I searched around on pinterest to see what I could bake to use up some of these blueberries.  I came across this baked blueberry donut recipe.  I changed it up a bit and I didn't make the glaze.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need:

1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup blueberries

I baked these in my donut pan but I put more batter in to cover the ring in the middle so they would fill more.
Mix everything but the blueberries until combined.  Once combined fold in the blueberries.  Add to you greased donut pan and bake for about 15 minutes.

Once the little cakes are done take them out of the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 1 minute.  Then pop them out of the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.

I added some fat free cool whip to the top and of course a blueberry.

I cut it and I had a little bite.  Whatever I cook or bake I have to try to make sure it's not missing something and that it's good.  It was very blueberry.  My husband liked them.

I had some batter left over so I baked the rest of the dough and made four donuts with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment