June 16, 2014

Sausage and Egg Frittata

I had some turkey sausage that I needed to use up so I decided to make a frittata.  I've seen frittata recipes here and there on pinterest.  I've probably even pinned some.  For this though, I didn't follow a recipe or blog.  I just did what I knew tasted good together.  Plus, a frittata is like a quiche but just without the crust so I knew it would be quick and easy to put together.

Here's the finished frittata.  Yummy!

You will need:

eggs (I used 9)
turkey sausage
olive oil
minced garlic
bacon bits
shredded cheese
1 bell pepper  (chopped)
1 small onion  (chopped)
parsley flakes
red pepper flakes
black pepper
salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook your sausage in a skillet with some olive oil and minced garlic.  Once it's done drain it and then set aside and let cool.  Throw in the peppers, onions, and bacon bits to the sausage.  In a separate bowl, crack your eggs.  Whisk the eggs with a fork and then mix in some cheese.  Next, add the sausage mixture into the bowl with the eggs.  Add in some pepper, salt, red pepper flakes and parsley.  Once everything is well mixed add to a pam sprayed pie dish.  Let bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until browned or when it doesn't jiggle anymore and it's cooked all the way through.  

This is simply perfection.

Here's a slice.  I only had a small bite to taste it.  I always taste whatever I make.  My husband had a few slices for dinner.  He loved it!  Who needs crust?  Not us.....LOL  You could serve with a dollop of sour cream if you'd like.  We didn't have any but if we had I'm sure Nate would have put some on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment