June 21, 2014

Tart Raspberry Mini Muffins

Just like the blueberries, I had raspberries I needed to use up.  I guess I could have frozen them but I felt like baking.  My husband can take the little muffins to work for breakfast this week.  I used the same recipe that I used for the blueberry cakes.
Tart Raspberry Mini Muffin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need:

1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup raspberries

Mix everything except the raspberries until well combined.  Then fold in the raspberries.  Add to a greased 24 count mini muffin pan.  Top each with a cinnamon sugar mixture.  (optional)  
Bake for about 15 minutes.  Let cool.

Here's a mini muffin cut in half.  They are a little tart but would be a quick go to breakfast or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment