February 7, 2015

Gas Pipeline going in

I got up early this morning to run errands.  I think I even make record time in Wegmans this morning getting weekly groceries.  I was in and out within 20 minutes.  I zoomed through the aisles.  I got everything on the list (except for grapes....they were all squishy).  I then headed to Walmart and picked up oil and filter for my car.  I also made a quick stop at Food Lion.  I found a package of stew beef marked down to $6 (from $10) so I got it for dinner tonight.  Once I got home I threw the stew beef, red potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, soy sauce, w sauce, minced garlic, beef broth seasoning, parsley, black pepper, red pepper flakes and water into the crock pot.  Then I headed to my parents.

My dad had sent me an email yesterday about a gas pipeline that was going in on the neighbors property.  But it's right along the fence line at my parents property.  So much property but the gas company put it right along the fence line.  The wanted it to go through my parents yard and my dad refused.  I don't blame him.  Who wants a gas line running through their yard?  Not me.

Anyways, my dad changed my oil/filter on my vehicle and afterwards he had me get some pictures today.  He wanted me to e-mail them so he could send the pictures out to his brothers.

Here's the house.

Bottom of driveway.

Back by house....These trees will probably be removed.

You can already see some trees have been cleared.

A view from the driveway, midway.

A piece of machinery.

Looking at the equipment from the fence line.

You can see the pond across the street.  (The pond is partly frozen right now and my dad said he saw a fox scamper across it and it didn't fall in.  haha)

My dad said this is what he saw taking out some of the trees.  The blades must be really sharp.


You can't really tell in the picture but the rocks are probably all about 2 inches each.  They are big rocks.  There is a black plastic layer underneath the rocks and a pipe at the end by road to keep rains or the pond across street from flooding it out.

Here's a view from the road looking up.  My parents house is in back towards left.  Can you see it?

I sneaked this picture of my dad.  :)

Next time, I visit I'm sure it's going to look much different b/c more trees will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment