February 20, 2015

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted to make some cookies for a guy at work as a thank you for picking me up and taking me to work the other day.  I decided to make my chocolate chip cookies but make them chocolate, chocolate.  :)  My only decision was "do I use cocoa or melted chocolate chips for the chocolate".  I found this recipe where they used melted chips so I went with that.


To make:

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 eggs
2 tbsp water
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (or a little more)
2 cups melted chocolate chips

In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy.  Mix in 1 egg at a time.  Mix in water and vanilla and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda with a fork.  Set aside. On the stove, melt 2 cups chocolate chips in a sauce pan and be sure to constantly stir.  Once chips are melted, add to your sugar mixture and mix in the melted chocolate.  Then little by little add the dry mix to the sugar mix.  After that add chocolate chips until combined.


Scoop dough onto pam sprayed cookie sheets.  I got 30 cookies and even had some dough left over for tasting.  :)

Bake on 350 degrees for about 15 to 16 minutes.  (I used cake tester to make sure they were done all the way through).

Let cookies cool for about 20 to 30 minutes.  Then put in a container with a slice of bread to keep them soft.

They are much darker than what you see in these pictures.

How good do they look?

Delicious 

I will make these again they were tasty and full of chocolate goodness.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment