August 20, 2013

Garden Update: Day 179

I figured I would do a container garden update today.  :)

We had a lot of rain here the last couple of days.  My small potato pots are overflowing with water right now.  One of the potatoes even floated to the top.  OOPS!  I'm going to dump these out and try to start over by re-potting them.  I hope I'm able to save the sprouts I have.  We'll see.

Yesterday morning, while checking on my garden I took a few pictures.  :)

Some rain drops on the flowers.

Yesterday morning my pie pumpkin plant had a flower that was almost ready to pop.

This morning, while checking on things and giving everyone a drink of water I saw my pie pumpkin plant flower had popped.  There was a bee in there pollinating the flower but by the time I got my camera and came back out it had flown away.  I was hoping he would come back but he didn't and I had to leave for work.  :(

This afternoon, I checked on my garden and the flower this morning had closed up.

I checked on everyone else.  It's humid here again so I made sure everyone had some fresh water.  My jack pumpkin plants have flowers and this one has a flower that will probably pop tomorrow morning.  :)

I harvested 4 grape tomatoes this afternoon.  I will probably have a few more that are ready tomorrow.

I also harvested two squash.  (#13 and #14 for the season)

And I picked zucchini #9.  But he looked kinda deformed.

The end still have a big flower on it.

I opened the flower and it was all kinda of crazy.  Why did it grow like that?  I cut the ends off and I chopped up the zuke and added it to dinner tonight.  I wasn't going to waste it.

I checked on my meyer lemon tree.  It has some new leaves already.  :)  YEY!

For dinner tonight I cut up my purple bell peppers I picked up from my last farmers market trip.  The inside part that held the seeds had a really pretty inside.  I had to get a picture.  :)

I've also been saving some of my pepper seeds from my garden grown peppers and from the ones I got at the farmers market.  Why not right?  If I can grow peppers from these seeds, then I won't need to buy any next year when I start my garden.  :)  This is the start of my very own little seed bank.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment