July 17, 2013

Hot Summer Day

I got off work early today and decided to the Slaughter Pen Farm to get some pictures.  

This is the entrance to the farm.  I went here in the fall of 2011 and took some random pictures.

There's a huge corn field with lots of corn.

Doesn't this picture just scream "Children of the corn"?  LOL

Looks like the corn is ready for picking or close to it.

A farmer on his tractor working in the field.

Squared bales in very neat rows.

I drove up and parked near the house and walked around and took a few pictures.

Tractor tire.  

Rafters in an old barn.

After, I left the farm I headed down the road to 7-eleven and treated myself to a blue raspberry slurpee before I headed to the Farmers Market.

2 comments:

  1. love that there are still hidden historical gems in the middle of all the chaos in the world :)

    ReplyDelete