July 13, 2013

Garage/Yard Sale 2013

Garage/yard sales are a way to clean out some clutter and make some extra cash.  We decided to have a sale today.  I got up at 5am and got ready to leave by 6am for the hour drive to be at Kristen's to set up at 7am.  Our sale started at 8am.

Once I got to RVA, I set up my stuff with Kristen and Dave.  Then Ashley and Ella came and Ashley set up her items.  Ashley is moving soon so it's the perfect time for her to get rid of some clutter that she didn't want to take with her to her new place.

Ella sat quietly in her car seat.  Here she is not wanting any pictures taken b/c it's just soooooo early.  haha  Kristen and I grabbed the garage sale signs and put them at the stop signs in the neighborhood.  I had gotten the red and white garage sale signs a few months ago from the dollar store.  They are pretty sturdy, and rewritable too.  (I forgot to get a pic of them)

Here's some of my things set up.  I've had most of these items sitting in the blue tote in my basement since we moved almost over 6 years ago.  6 years is a long time for stuff to just sit in a container right?  I don't know how any of these items managed to escape past yard sales.  Maybe I wasn't ready to part with them?  Well it's all gone now.

Here's some more stuff.

Kristen and Dave hanging.

Cash in the lock box.  We had a pen, calculator, extra pricing stickers and lots of change.

Kristen made a top 10 yard sale rules.  haha

The run down.  Every time someone made a purchase Kristen wrote it in so we knew who was owed from the till at the end.

Some shoppers....

I brought some homemade vanilla extract to try to sell.  Why not right?  I didn't sell any but I tried to.  Kristen told me that some girl said "It's edible".  LOL  I'm guessing she's too young to bake and doesn't really know what vanilla extract is used for.  haha

Oh....We found a dead black widow spider.  Luckily, it was dead.  :)

The butterfly landed on the fake silk sunflowers hoping to get some pollen or whatever butterflies eat from a sunflower.....nectar?  Poor butterfly was confused.  haha  :)  We didn't become millionaires at the sale but hey we cleared some junk, made a few bucks and now the leftovers are going to Goodwill.  :)

Just some random thoughts.........So.....my next adventure.  I was invited to participate in the cupcake bake-off again this year at the local fair.  I didn't win last year but I had fun doing it.  I'm trying to decide if I want to or not again.  I'm also thinking about maybe entering my chocolate chip cookies into the state fair.  I think that would be a lot of fun.  We'll see....I'm thinking about it for now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment