December 17, 2011

BFF Day with Kristen

Last weekend, I headed to Richmond to see my BFF Kristen. We decided to have a Pinterest craft day! :) First off, we went to Plant Zero for a Holiday (handmade) Craft show. We were there in the Spring, but this time was way more crowded. On the way in Kristen said to me "that's the Petersik's" with excitement. I said "who are they" and she told me "Young House Love". I laughed and told her to go say hi, but she was too embarrassed. LOL Kristen picked up a few things, and I bought a cute wreath ornament. I spent $4! LOL Kristen spent around $40?? LOL But she used birthday money. :) After the show we went to Michael's to get some puffy paint and we went to Padow's for lunch. It was good. :)

Once we got back to her house we set up the kitchen table and got to our crafts!! :)


You will need:

3/4 cup applesauce
1 bottle (4.12 ounces) Cinnamon


We made a huge batch each. We really didn't know how many ornaments to make so we figured we'd have plenty this way. LOL

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Combine your cinnamon and applesauce until a smooth ball forms.
It was weird mixing b/c it's a lot of cinnamon. Oh and DO NOT EAT this mixture. I guess too much cinnamon could burn your esophagus.

Take a clump of the dough and lay onto plastic wrap. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Then roll the dough until it's 1/4 inch thick. Take off top plastic and use cookie cutters to get your shapes.



Place onto a cookie sheet. Take a straw and poke a hole at the top for your string. Bake for 2 1/2 hours.



Once they are done, let them cool a few minutes then transfer to a rack. Once they are cooled completely you can decorate.

I used puffy paint. (red, green and white) How cute are they?? :)

For the big Gingerbread men, I made them ornaments and put them on my little tree I have on my dining room table.

The little ones......I hot glued a small round magnet to the back of them. Once they were dried I put some on the fridge.
Others I put in a clear bag and tied with a cute gingerbread ribbon. (These I sold at a Craft Fair I did this past Tuesday).

Adorable!!! They smell so good too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment