March 20, 2016

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

One of my neighbors turned 40 earlier this month and her husband planned a surprise party for her.  I told him I would make the cake.  I also made some of my chocolate chip cookies for those that didn't want cake.  :)

How cute it is?

I baked 4 round cookies.  Took about 30 minutes.  I bought 4 foil pans from the dollar tree.  I also got a cute little round nickel plate to display the cookie cake on.  

I made the frosting:

-3 sticks unsalted butter (soft but cool)
-6 cups powdered sugar
-1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
-1 tsp vanilla (I used my homemade)


Each cookie layer got frosting.  For the top I had baked up some baby cookies and two candles.  I wanted it to be cute and simple.


When it was time to cut, I just sliced a piece from 1 layer that way we got more out of it.  There was maybe 4 slices left by the time I left.  haha  Everyone raved about it.  I had a slice and it was amazing.  The frosting was perfect with the cookie.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment