January 18, 2016

Amish Baked Oatmeal

We have been eating a lot of oatmeal around my house and finding new recipes that have oatmeal is fun.

I came across this 'Amish Baked Oatmeal'.  

You will need:

2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (used homemade extract)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk (unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 cup butter (melted, cooled and I used unsalted)
3 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a baking pan and set aside.

In a bowl, whisk the eggs and then whisk in the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until there's no lumps.  Stir in milk and melted butter.  Then mix in your oats.  Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.  Mine was down at 35 minutes.  Cut into squares and keep in the fridge.  Heat in microwave to warm up before you eat.


These are good.  I felt it needed a little more so I turned to my sugar free syrup friend.

I added a drizzle of sf syrup and some fresh strawberries.  Delicious!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment