October 26, 2012

Homemade Applesauce

A few weekends ago, I went to Graves Mountain for their Apple Harvest Festival.  I loaded up a bag with apples.  I got 13 apples in my bag.  My apples have been sitting in my pantry and I decided today to make some homemade applesauce.

First things first....wash your apples.

Bring out all your ingredients.

Here's the Classic Applesauce recipe that I use for my applesauce.  I got this from a Family Circle magazine years ago.

I peeled my apples.  If you want a more rustic applesauce you can leave the skin on.

I then took my Pampered Chef apple slicer and got the core out of all the apples.

Then I chopped them up smaller so they would cook up faster.

I added the chopped apples to my pot.

Once all the apples are in the pot I added 3/4 cup water.  I then added in another 3/4 cup of water b/c I felt it needed more.  You could use cranberry or apple juice.  I didn't have either so I just used water.  Mix up and put the lid on and cook on medium for 20 to 25 minutes.

Once the time has passed then you can mash up your apples.  I used my pampered chef mix 'n chop.

Once my apples were mashed to my liking, I then added in some cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, all spice and sugar.

Let cool and add to jars or containers.

Yummy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment