January 30, 2012

Goals....


I've been working on some personal goals. I was going to make a private blog for my journey but I decided against it and just figured I would blog here and share with you. :)

My goals (In no particular order)

1. Exercise
2. Lose Weight
3. No Soda
4. Get into my favorite Old Navy Jeans
5. No Fast Food
6. Get off Blood Pressure Medicine
7. Get Credit Cards (2) paid off
8. No eating after 9pm

Today, is week 3 of my journey. I stepped on the scale this morning and I've already loss 6 pounds! YEY!!! :) I haven't had any fast food or soda for 3 weeks now. I've been eating breakfast (Special K with strawberries cereal with skim milk), lunch (healthy choice meal, or dinner leftovers or pb&j sammich), and dinner (home cooked meal). I never used to eat breakfast. I would normally grab fast food for lunch while I was out running errands and for dinner just whatever, sometimes even hitting the fast food joint again. Not anymore!! :) I've also got some healthy snacks for in between meals. Fat Free pudding, fruits, Sugar free Jello and nuts.

Last week, I started walking/jogging on the treadmill that my mother got my husband and I for Christmas. The time goes by so fast when I'm on it and I feel really good afterwards. I'm also going to start getting back into the gym. I'm hoping to do that this week.

I'm not going to lie, it definitely takes dedication, and focus. Luckily, for me my husband is my biggest supporter. He has been getting in shape for a while now so he's a good role model for me. He's loss over 70 pounds and has been working so hard to meet his goals. I'm so proud of him. He's training for a 10k in March and a half marathon in May. I'm going to be doing a 5k in May. (I've done it the last 4 years)

I'll be posting updates on my personal fitness journey. I'll try to post weekly. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment