October 16, 2010

Light the Night Walk

This evening, I did another walk. My friend, Jessica was the emcee and we walked together after her hosting duties. This walk was for Light the night. I had an uncle pass away from cancer many years ago so I walked in memory of him. :*)


My uncle holding my cousin Ben.
Each person gets a balloon with a light in it. It looks really neat at night with all the balloons all lit up. During the walk, walkers carry illuminated balloons - white for survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer - thousands of walkers - men, women and children - form a community of caring, bringing light to the dark world of cancer.



Before the walk they had a lighting ceremony where you could light a candle to remember someone. They played "Fix you" by Coldplay. :*)

Lots of walking for 2 very emotional events but I'm proud to be a part of.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Love the picture of Ben and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!

    @ Lora- It's a really good picture of your dad and Ben! :)

    ReplyDelete