May 11, 2010

Strawberry Pie

Linda brought us a bunch of strawberries yesterday. I love Strawberries!!! :)

I wanted to make something with them. So, I thought about making a strawberry pie. I googled recipes and came across an easy one. (I did tweek it a little) I checked my pantry and had all of the items. Yey!!

Ingredients

· 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked (or use a graham cracker crust)

· 1 quart fresh strawberries

· 1 cup white sugar

· 3 tablespoons cornstarch

· 3/4 cup water

· 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)


I had 2 packets of Jello no bake pie crust. I mixed both packages with some sugar and melted butter. Then pressed down into my pie dish.

Whisk the cornstarch and water together. (You could use gingerale or lemon lime soda instead of water).

I added a few drops of red food coloring to make it more strawberry like. :)

On medium heat, mix berries and sugar to a boil. (recipe says to mash berries but I did not)

Sugar will melt. See it melting? :)

Once your berries have come to a boil, reduce the heat and gradually add your cornstarch mix. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Sauce will become thick.

See it getting thick? :)

Add berries to your pie crust. Then cover and refrigerate for a few hours.

MMMM! :)

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Next time, I make this I will add A LOT more berries.

I also made 2 chocolate covered strawberries, just because! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment