July 23, 2009

WBF

Kristen and I decided to go on a Road Trip this past weekend just like old times. It was lots of fun!!! :) We went to the Westmoreland Berry Farm (WBF) off Rt. 3 in Westmoreland County. We walked around and checked out the famous acrobatic goats and took pictures. Then we went inside the market and bought some freshly picked fruit. I got a box of peaches. Kristen bought some blackberries, peaches and blueberries. I asked the cashier if it would be ok to go take pictures of the orchards and she said yes but to stay away from the peaches. Ummmm ok???


Yeah well we didn't really listen. We managed to find the peach trees and we took photos. I like this one the best. Near the peach trees were also apple trees and tomato plants.


The blueberries for sale in the market. Makes a good desktop background. :)


Raspberries in the raspberry bushes. From what we could tell blackberries and raspberries grow on the same bushes. I didn't know that. But there isn't as many blackberries on the bushes so maybe they are harder to come by?



On the way out I pulled over and took some pictures of the 'cinnamon rolls'. They are just rolled up hay stacks. My dad though, always calls them tootsie rolls. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment